Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Peanut Butter Cookies- or not

We tried to make peanut butter cookies today.  Mackinna had her apron on and was ready to help, Kaden was kind of doing his own thing, but then appeared with another apron from the playroom and handed it to me, as he insisted that he help.
I had asked my mom last week for my Gram's cookie recipe, and we followed it to a tee but I was surprised to see how runny my cookie dough was.  It really looked more like the constancy of cake mix.  I looked it up on line and found the same recipe- with one difference. 2 tablespoons of water, when Mom had told me 2 cups.  I called Mom and told her.  She laughed.  So after all their work the kids didn't get cookies, but we poured it into cake pans- so we'll see how our peanut butter cake tastes.



No comments: