Monday, January 19, 2009

My baby really isn't a baby anymore...

I don't know why its taken me this long to notice, but my baby is really a little boy now. You would think any number of things like that fact that he's been wearing 24 month clothes for a few months now, might have tipped me off, or that his once wobbly walk has become a run these days, or that he feeds the dogs and lets them inside when they bark, or that lately he's been demanding a big boy cup without a sippy top! But today he turned 18 months- which is a pretty big milestone in itself, but he also peed on the potty for the first time and ate his dinner at the table with us rather than in his highchair. (see picture below- note he's signing "more" for more pizza).
When Kaden woke up this morning with a dry diaper, I stuck him on the potty chair and we hung out in the bathroom for a while. Mackinna read him a book, we played patty cake & brushed his teeth while we waited, and sure enough, eventually he peed. Mackinna was so proud of him and made such a big deal- it was really great. Kaden didn't seem to care or muster up even a fraction of the excitement that his sister had for him, so we'll see if it happens again anytime soon.
Maybe since he's doing so many big boy things today, he'll sleep through the night tonight???? I think if he did, I'd be so worried he had stopped breathing or something, that I have to go check on him and wouldn't get a good nights sleep anyway.

1 comment:

Jean said...

Kaden does look pretty grown up in that picture but he will always be your baby boy!