Wednesday, January 21, 2009

New words

Finally Kaden seems to be showing some interest in talking.  He's adding new words to the mix everyday.  Last night I asked him if he wanted a bubble bath and he lit up and said, "Bubbles" clear as a bell and just now he handed me a toy car and called it a truck.  I told him it was actually a car and so, he said, "car".  Then he handed me another, and again called it a truck, but did say car when I reminded him...

It makes me feel better to hear these two new words after our appointment yesterday because Dr Youth had enough concern over Kaden's white spots in combination with his big head and somewhat slow language development, that he has referred us to a genetics Dr just to be safe.  So hopefully the growing vocabulary is a great sign and the kid just had a big noggin like his sister and some minor skin pigmentation issues and nothing more.

No comments: