Monday, August 17, 2009

Its been 7 months

...Since Kaden first started using the potty in the mornings.  Things continued along with maybe 2 potty uses per day for quite some time, with the occasional 3 x days.  Well the past couple of days he's been a potty champ.  I think we have had a huge break through.  On Saturday at the Highland games he told me he had to go potty.  I told him to try to hold it while we located the porta potties.  We talked about what  big boy he was, while we walked what seemed like miles to the closest bathrooms, and sure enough when we got there he went!  So not only did he go in a porta potty, but he told me and then waited kind of a long time!  Then yesterday we only used only ONE pull up all day long.  (He did have one little accident on the beach- in his bathing suit, but I'm not counting it.)  One pull up all day is incredible!  We would have worn it to bed, except it was pretty tattered and torn by that point in the night.  We are almost out of diapers and when I was at BJs yesterday I decided I wasn't buying anymore.  I think we'll switch to pull ups all the time now.  He wakes up dry 90% of the time in the morning and at nap- so I don't think we even need them for that.  The pull up can handle it!  And if he's only going to use one or two a day, I don't care that they are way more expensive than the diapers!  Yeah Kaden!  What a big boy!

No comments: