Sunday, August 30, 2009

Bellbutt

When I was in Italy Kaden had no choice but to stop nursing. My plan had been his second birthday, but then the trip to Italy was just a couple weeks later, so it made sense to me. He's done really well. Only twice in the first couple days after I was back did he ask to nurse. He still loves to cuddle though, in fact the one thing that I really disliked about nursing him was that he would dig around in my belly button while nursing, and lucky for me- he can still do that! When he's tired or hurt or when I first get home from work- any time he needs a little extra Mommy snuggles, he lifts my shirt up and say, "Mommy...Mommy, bellbutt." Then he sticks his finger in my belly button. Some kids find comfort in stuffed animals or blankets or pacifiers, their thumbs... no Kaden's security thing is his mother's belly button. I really hope he out grows this before he's old enough to be made fun of.

No comments: