Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Summer Camp

Mackinna had a great day at summer camp today! Drop off was a breeze. I am so proud of her.
She asked me to stay with her until Mrs. Coleman came back from bringing kids to the bathroom. So I hung out on the playground for a little while. Then Mrs. Coleman came back, Mackinna reached for me and I prepared for her to be climbing up me crying and clinging to me, but she simply gave me a hug and a kiss, then reached for her brother and gave him a hug and a kiss. She took Mrs. Coleman's hand and waved to us with the other, while yelling, "Bye!" at the top of her lungs as she walked away. When I picked her up she was talking up a storm and even gave Mrs. Coleman a hug goodbye. It was amazing.
I think the break through was a combination of a couple of things- a little bit of bribery on my part, it being time number three and of course, her new "pack pack" from Grandma and Grandpa. She loves that thing. We sometimes have a problem getting her to take it off to get in her car seat or go to sleep!

No comments: