Monday, May 25, 2009

Photos from a fun couple of days

Thursday and Friday were both the kind of day that makes you love Maine so much, you wonder how only 1.3 million people can live here. It is so beautiful and perfect you'd think everyone would want to. The kids and I were fortunately enough to be able to take advantage of the perfect weather and this beautiful place and I've posted a series of pictures in a couple of different posts below.

On Thursday after nap and taking Jordie to the vet we went out to my favorite place- Fort Williams. We saw Portland Headlight and walked the trails. We played at the beach- Jordie & Mackinna even went in a little. Then we hit the swings and the gazebo- where Mackinna performed her recital dance. We ran thru the grass like crazy people and wrapped things up at the playground. The kids were excited to see a big tanker go by, Jordie was excited to be having a little break from Lucy and I was just excited to be enjoying the day, my kids and this beautiful state.

Daddy's track meet happened to be in Cape Elizabeth that day so we stopped at a grocery store and got some stuff for dinner, then met him over there. Of course the kids raced.

Then on Friday when Mackinna woke up and asked me, "What do I have today Mommy?" (meaning school or dance or Kari) and I told her nothing she informed me that she wanted to go out on her boat. Luckily my parents launched the boat last week and had actually taken a couple of days off to go out on it anyway so they were able to make that happen. They came in from the Basin where they spent the night and picked us up at my Grandfather's dock. We had a nice little cruise, ate some lunch and got home in time for Mackinna's last Finale rehearsal with the big girls before her recital next week. Kaden even got to play at the park while his sister was at dance. It was a really great couple of days- check out the pictures in the next couple of posts and I think you'll agree.

No comments: