Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Mackinna's first trip to the dentist


Mackinna had her teeth cleaned today. She was so brave and good. I was so proud of her. Unfortunately there was a little boy screaming the entire time we were there, which certainly didn't make Mackinna's first experience at the dentist any easier. At one point when Mackinna got a little nervous, she reached out for me and I moved closer and held her hand. This didn't seem put her at ease. Her face was tense and she was continuing to reach with her other hand. I told her it was okay and that I was right there and we could keep holding hands. She replied, "I don't want your hand Mommy, I want my snuggy." I got her blanket out of the diaper bag and handed it to her as I remembered where I rate in her book. She held snuggy in her lap and took a few "little rubs" when she needed them. She went home with clean teeth, three stickers, a new tooth brush, a princess flosser and a very proud Mommy.

No comments: