Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Kaden stories

Its seems for the first year or so of this blog, posts consisted of funny Mackinna stories and pictures of baby Kaden.  It occurred to me this week that this baby isn't really a baby any more because (among other reasons) now I have funny Kaden stories.
Here a couple of recent big boy Kaden tales:

When I was bringing Christmas decorations down from the third floor, I can across one of the potty chairs and decided to bring it down, so Kaden could at least start getting used to seeing it around.  The other day when I was in the bathroom, Kaden followed me as usual and was in need of a diaper change anyway, so I took his diaper off and put him on the potty.  He sat there and grinned ear to ear.  I asked him if he had to pee or poop and he started grunting and scrunching up his face.  Then he got up and walked over to the toilet paper, ripped some off, wiped himself and threw it in the big toilet.  He's got it down- all except that middle part, of actually going to the bathroom.

After dinner each night Mackinna is required to bring up her plate, so last night, I asked Kaden if he could at least bring his fork into the kitchen.  He picked it right up and marched into the kitchen.  (as naughty and into everything as he is- he is always an excellent helper when asked)  The next thing I know I see Kaden opening the silverware drawer and he throws the dirty fork in there, closes it and walks away, quite proud.


No comments: