Thursday, September 13, 2007

You turn your back for one second...


I have heard mothers of two tell stories of the older sibling, hitting or throwing toys at the new baby the very second Mom turns her back...
Well this morning, Kaden was on the living room floor "playing" on his blanket, Mackinna was eating a bagel at the coffee table, and I was picking up the kitchen. We were only eating bagels- so keep in mind, cleaning didn't take all that long. I return to the living room to find Mackinna on the floor by Kaden. I see the container of wipes next to him and a new diaper on the other side. Mackinna has his old diaper off and is in the process of wiping him. She looks up at me at says, "changing his biaper Mommy."
Usually the snaps on his pants or jammies keep her out since she can't figure them out- "too hard" she says, but today Kaden was down at her level wearing just a little gown, he was a sitting duck.

No comments: