Friday, September 28, 2007

Growing so fast

This week I packed away all of Kaden's 0-3 month clothes. For a couple of weeks I've been squeezing him into some of them, but those onsies just can't be stretched that much anymore. Think "fat boy in a little shirt..."

It made me sad to be packing away those little clothes because he's just growing so fast, but there certainly is an upside to that as well.
We had a great conversation yesterday, where I talked and he smiled and cooed and ahhed right back at me for like 10 minutes. It was the best conversation I've had in weeks.

AND- we've had two nights in a row with at least 6 hours stretches of sleep. That is pretty incredible. Too bad his 6 hours start at 7:30 or 8:00, but I'll take it. Getting up once a night sure beats 3 or 4 times a night, even if he insists on being up for the day at 5:30 (though today he slept till 6:30!) Now, if we could just get Mackinna to stay in her bed all night...

I have to give her credit though- she got up at 4:00 because she had to go to that bathroom, then wanted to come into bed with us. I'll take that over her peeing in her bed any day!

No comments: