Thursday, October 16, 2014

Focus on the positive

I'm trying hard to continue to feel grateful and lucky, but I think this week might be  out to get us.  After putting Baxter down, having the dryer break, getting lice AGAIN and now having 2/3 of the babies not let me out them down, I'm struggling a bit.  But there are still many GOOD things happening here this week.  Let's focus on those.
 Babies have been only getting 5-6 hour stretches at night.
 Neighbors I barely know brought dinner over.
 The swaddle fairy left new fleece swaddles at our door.  Swaddle fairy turned out to be another neighbor I barely know that left a big bag of baby clothes over the weekend. She bought them at yard sales and washed and folded them then left them in the garage for us.
 We have 8 free tickets to Sesame Street live Saturday!
 All three older kids have enjoyed bring a friend week at dance.
  The Bouchers and Dubes are still carting Mackinna and Kaden all over creation for us.
  Our new natural gas heating system is coming along nicely.
 It's been a beautiful week.  75 in mud October is pretty great.
  I still have 4 weeks to be home with my beautiful healthy babies.
 A mountain of laundry for a family of 8 that I can't do, another battle with lice and life without Baxter aren't going to convince me the universe is against me - not yet.  I am choosing to focus on the positive today.
  

No comments: