Tuesday, June 15, 2010

From the mouths of babes

Last night at the Christmas Tree Shops we bought a big bag of Bulls Eye candies. Kaden keeps asking if he can "eat an eye ball." The first couple of times I corrected him and told him they are actually called bulls eyes, but I've given up now- eye balls it is. It makes me smile.

And Miss Mackinna- Last night I asked her to pick up a bunch of things she had in the kitchen. She started gathering eveything up and I pointed out something else. She looks at me and says, "I'm not an octopus!" I have never heard her say this before, and its certainly not something she picked up from me, so I asked her where she ever heard that. She said Mrs. Coleman (her teacher from two years ago) used to say it sometimes at snack time when everyone was asking for stuff at the same time. It just amazed me that she had filed this somewhere and held on to it for a year and half and pulled it out and used it in perfect context. As she told Grandma Campbell the other day, she "doesn't forget ANYTHING"

No comments: