Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Dance recital

Mackinna's recital couldn't have been better. She was lucky enough to have a huge crowd of fans. Grandma Campbell flew in, my parent were there, and Uncle Shawn, Aunt Jill and Dylan surprised her too, but her biggest fan of all was her baby brother, who kept yelling her name. Kaden was so good. He loved watching the girls dance, especially his big sister. Mackinna was absolutely magnificent. At the beginning of the year, I was pretty sure when the time came, she'd be too shy to go up on stage, but boy was I wrong! Dance has been so wonderful for her. It has given her such confidence. She just lit up the stage in both her buttercup dance and the finale. For the finale they had to strike these poses. She was a riot. She did it with such attitude and spunk. It was perfect. I could have watched all day. We were so proud and she was too. When ever anyone told her how great she did or how beatiful she looked, her reply was, "I know!" And wearing makeup...don't even get me started. She LOVED it and now wants to every day. I think we may have a diva on our hands. She got called up on stage at intermission to get a trophy for perfect attendance- and she even marched up there for that. She proudly displays this trophy in her room now. She thinks its pretty divine... and I think SHE is pretty divine!

No comments: