Sunday, May 18, 2008

Conversations with Mackinna


On the way to the grocery store today, when we passed the Ford dealership Mackinna suddenly says to me, "I don't see any blue ones Mommy. I need a blue one." It took me a second to realize what she was talking about- but I caught on when she said, "I need a blue car like Daddy's to drive to Pride's Corner Nursery School" I told her that I didn't think she needed a car yet, and that I could drive her to school so that I could talk to her teachers. She's gonna think about it.

Last week "Baby" suddenly became "Dylan". After two years of being a girl named Baby, she just changed her name and gender! Mackinna holds Dylan and feeds him and talks to him constantly. We had to go buy him some boy clothes, because I was embarassed for him that he was wearing all pink. ( I couldn't find boy clothes in the doll section- we had to get him preemie real baby clothes)

No comments: