Thursday, January 17, 2008

The neighborhood of make-believe

Mackinna is very into playing pretend lately.  We drive in her car (the chair in the living room) and we go to the airport (usually the dining room), we got the grocery store in the kitchen and to Grandma's house.  She hands me invisible shoes when I ask her to help me find hers.  She has an imaginary friend name Owen and an imaginary dog named Betsey.
Yesterday Mackinna stood in front of the open door (it was about 25 degrees outside) shouting for Betsey for ever.  She clapped and cupped her hands and yelled, "come here Bets, Betsey come." I was getting pretty cold, when she asked me where I thought she was, and tried unsuccessfully to convince her that Betsey had indeed come in with Kuma and was sleeping in the other room. Finally she said, "Oh there she is!  She's still going potty.  Good girl Bets! Okay come here now."
Thank goodness she came back, I don't know how I would have posted missing signs!

No comments: